Friday, June 24, 2011

this thing for chickens

I've been thinking about this for a while... heads on chickens... actually I thought about cut-n-paste beautiful model faces on chickens... and I looked through my stash of magazines and no... no face that was the right face... and this face... Maude, I think... is the right one.

She's kind of a plain Jane face, with nondescript hair... but on a beautiful body, I think.
And she lives in a world that is full of color.

I was playing with some ideas from the Jane LaFazio workshop in Costa Mesa... color and collage... don't think too much just fill the background.
I gave her some flowers and added some more little pattern and texture... and wrote, 'in this big, beautiful and bright world, she is still a bit chicken.'

Yes, another self-portrait.



And here are the stars of my show... the two eldest anyway. Taken through the kitchen window, so a bit blurry.
I tried to catch them but they were on to me... above P. is just holding still while W., below, has decided to do his best impression of scarey monster...
Really, most of the time they are the most beautiful boys you would ever want to meet... but when the camera comes out they lose all self-control.

No comments:

Post a Comment