Friday, June 24, 2011

Mission Bell Community Garden

Okay, it doesn't look like much just yet... but the Mission Bell Community Garden is now officially underway... six raised beds in one degree of done-ness or another and room for about 25 more.
My grandson, W. looked at the garden today and was totally unimpressed, but thought the Boy Scout garden (the one with the plants) was pretty good...
This one is mine... I got the layering a bit wrong and will probably need to add more fertilizer when fall planting begins... but I've done all I need to do for the time being.
These two have the first two layers in.

I'm glad mine is done. The temps have shifted and we are now seeing 110 here in the valley and the mornings are no longer refreshingly cool. I talked to a lady the other day who is planning on putting in a second crop of corn in mid July... I have thought about that, thinking the late summer thunder storms might water if while I am out of town...

No comments:

Post a Comment