Saturday, June 25, 2011

6/25

This one started with me accidentally ripping off the picture part of the May calendar. I looked at it for a minute after it ripped from the larger calendar and then walked the piece into my workroom and pasted it onto the left edge of my journal... this morning while hanging laundry I watched the predators of my yard vying for the same insect... a lizard and a finch alternately watched the bug and each other and I began to think about how we see things, feel things... how important our senses are. So, after my chores were done I painted in a rough foreground, middle ground and background and then this woman bending to smell a flower...
One of the things that seem difficult for me is getting enough texture and layering into my pictures... so I used patterned papers for her clothing,,, added a row of flowers growing right behind her. In the foreground I laid in dots and dots...
Then clouds, a couple chickens and a fence...

this one does not please me as much as the red pages I did a day ago, or the portrait I did for the cover... and I have already sketched in the next set of pages... one of my problems, I think is that things are drying too fast for the kind of blending I like... another issue is I did not spend adequate time building layers of color and texture for the background. I'll try to remedy some of that as I begin to work on the next pages...

And while doing all this I watched this video Who Does She Think She Is on PBS World today.
Just an amazing video to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment