Sunday, July 24, 2011

class work

I completed my second Creative Journal class last Tuesday (two more to go) and one of the idea generators was 'things you can do with buttons'. I'm the teacher. I know what the prompts will be before the class. I started deciding on this one days before the class actually met.

I told them I must have 'voice' issues... because immediately when I thought of buttons I thought of having your lips buttoned shut... but she doesn't seem too disturbed by it.
And she has these cheery looking red flowers near her and a ridiculous chicken coming in off the page.
She is not looking at the flowers though, she is staring off into space. She is somewhere else. And for right now she is keeping her own council... her lips are buttoned closed... but I think it is by choice.

I have written 3-4 sample sentences on scrap paper, trying to decide what the message is here. I think I will ask my class what they think and then finish this one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment