Thursday, February 16, 2012

drawers for henry

After Christmas I started a baby surprise jacket for baby Micheal. An official welcome to the family AND a way to use up some of this yarn stash. Once the jacket was done, and having two skeins of yarn left, I decided to go ahead and make him some leggings to go with. I looked on- line for a pattern that suited me but eventually looked to Elizabeth Zimmerman for guidance. I have a couple of her books and while the narrative style is a bit frightening, it is also liberating.

Anyway, Micheal got a sweater. Micheal got pants. Henry pitched a mini-fit. Katie dug out the sweater I'd made William when he was 1 and told him Grandma had made it just for him.... but he still wanted pants.

A week ago I went through every skein of yarn I own sorting and deciding what I could bear to part with and what do you know... I had some of the original yarn from William's sweater and some that was the right kind of blue to go with. Henry could have his pants.

I made it all the way to the ribbing on the last leg before I ran out of the original two yarns & had to add something different in. One leg is wider and I think, longer than the other. But I am almost certain I will win a smile from that tough guy.

And I think, for the most part, E.Z. would be pretty pleased with my interpretation of her design.

No comments:

Post a Comment