Monday, November 1, 2010

working at it.

I spent the morning cruising Etsy, reading what each artist said about their items, themselves... I looked at their format, their graphics, their pricing... and how they took their pictures. While looking I thought I'd try this....a heavy shaped hanger with an under turtleneck and a bulkier one over as my model... and my sunlit back gate as the background. I think it looks pretty good... and I think this scarf looks great!

or this one wrapped high around the neck... a neck warmer more than a scarf. It might need a long pin or a vintage broach to hold it in place, but I really like it this way with the ends all tucked in.

I love love love this scarf... The colors almost glow and like a candle lit room the warmth reflects onto your face making you glow as well.


I love the cooler colors of this one, the purples mixed into the brown, the lightness of the chiffon, the warmth of the wool.



And this one is just yummy... like an Arizona sunset... purples, pinks and oranges with a little bit of sparkle added by the sheer chiffon underneath.

And this one... I think I have a better photo... but it reminds me of a campfire... the blaze of orange heat against the brown.
Yeah! 6 down, only 20 +++ items yet to go. And taking the pictures takes no time in comparison to getting them posted on my Etsy page... but in the end, I think it will all be worth the effort.


No comments:

Post a Comment