Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Treasure Island, Fla.

I am finally getting the pictures up from my mid-November Florida trip. I met my sister and her husband for a week at a Gulf Coast beach...
the grass.... the sky, the sand, the water and the weather were all wonderful... only problem was I was experiencing pretty severe knee issues, so I mostly sat and looked, rather than walked and roamed.
my sis bought this snazzy hat with little encouragement on my part... suits her

I tried to do a watercolor of the landscape, but the color palette is wrong... except for my red toenails... those are nearly exactly right ( they were smeared, too)

we sat in the sand and had a sand sculpture contest... I won the first one but lost the second

we stayed in a fine yellow condo, next to a heated salt-water pool, facing the sun setting on the Gulf of Mexico

the waves broke on a sand bar off shore... a front had come in and the normally placid sea started to dance


the beach was studded with vegetation islands... with signs asking us to keep off them

and this crane paused long enough for me to point and click before he flew away

No comments:

Post a Comment