Sunday, November 28, 2010

the last craft fair of the season or what I'm thankful for

Ahhh, it is behind me. The final craft fair. I can decide as I go forward what I do, what I don't do...

Across from me was this artist, Barry ... why o why do I never get last names... and he was doing these things with lines all over them... branches? trees? just lines? Who knows, but filled with pattern. I stood and watched him for a while and then asked what he was thinking about and he talked to me about focal point and negative space and movement ... ooo, the kind of talk that gets me going! Anyway, beautiful work that has made my feeble brain want to go off in another direction for a while.

I was going to showcase some things on Etsy, but was waiting for end-of-craft-sale to do it. Too bad, everyone else has booked ahead and there are no more slots for poor me. Live and learn, I guess.

So here I am, doing a little happy dance (think Snoopy, on top of dog house). For the foreseeable future my art can be all about me... oh, shoot, it already is isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment