Saturday, November 13, 2010

beach bound

Two more hours til I head for the airport... by 3 my time, I will be in Tampa... then heading south about an hour to a condo on the beach.

mmmmm. beach. I haven't done beach in a very long time. Walking in the sand, collecting seashells... listening to the surf... much gentler on the gulf coast that the southern California coast I see more often... the smell of water and sea life.

I'll be taking my laptop. Hopefully wifi comes with the room, other wise I will find some other place to check my e-mail, my etsy shop.

Made a book yesterday... or re-made is more like it. I took a vintage Gregg's shorthand book, gutted it, carefully salvaged some pages, found blank papers that matched the look/color and rebuilt this old book into a blank journal with an occasional shorthand lesson sprinkled in. It was not difficult, but not as satisfying as making a book from scratch, designing the cover, thinking about decoration/pushing the limits. I will be doing some more of these, as I come across the right kind of book that's the right kind of price.

And this morning, when I took my recyclables to the recycle bin I saw that someone had tossed boxes ... the boxes were perfect weight paper-board for book covers. I finagled four out... the rest would have required me climbing in, not a good idea since I am nursing my knee along right now... but anyway, I have enough lightweight board to do four larger books and a bunch of little ones.

Okay, getting disjointed here... I have a couple more things to get done. I'll be in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment