Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Almost Thanksgiving

I don't think this is really a pumpkin... but I love the redder orange, the bumpy skin, the gnarly stem... I love how the red-orange plays against my deep teal and orange painted table... I love the green flower balls... the name escapes me... that my sister sent from Kentucky... and the seed pods from the trumpet vine. Almost Thanksgiving.

I've been busy here, taking pictures, writing descriptions, posting one item, then another on Etsy. It is work. And I struggle getting the light to cooperate with me... getting the colors that show up on the photos to also be the colors I see. Not much book building or fiber felting has been happening... I am trying to concentrate for last week and this on getting my Etsy shop up. And I'm beginning to get some action there, so I feel a little fuel to keep on-keepin' on in that department.

Yesterday I made soup... finally cool enough here for that to sound good. Polish dill pickle soup. Surprised? Have you raised an eyebrow or wrinkled up your nose? Well, it is beyond good, let me tell you. And with a piece of crunchy garlicky, sour dough toast it is a savory and delicious meal. I'll share the recipe if you like... of course it is not exactly the one you'll find on the Internet, because I find it impossible to follow any recipe... so you'll just have to ask me.

I have so much I've told myself I need to get done this week and the week, like sand, is slipping right through my fingers... and so much coming up today and the couple of days to come that interrupt my quest to "get things done" here... but of course, I love all those interruptions... so my grumbles are all made with a smile on my face... like, oh, dear, another gift?!?

See? My happy ending is chugging along quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment