Saturday, June 26, 2010

camp trip

The unthinkable happened... my daughter let me take the two oldest(6 and 4 yrs. old) camping... and we all lived through it. Poor me! I forgot how much work two busy little ones can be... I felt like I was spinning like a top quite a few times, admit to a couple of grouchy moments, but all-in-all had a really good time.

We camped across the road from Lake Mary, up on the rim. Thursday was bright and sunny, but on Friday we woke up to cloud cover and cooler temps... kind of a relief for all of us I think.
This is me, the morning after, W. picked up the camera and took the picture. My hope is he wiggled the camera enough so you wouldn't see my puffy face.
P. has the patience of a real fisherman, he kept trying to cast his hook out and the only thing he managed to catch was the seat of his swim trunks. He also seemed to have little cars tucked away in every pocket of his pants and backpack.
W really had no interest in trying to fish, but he found a board and devised a boat that he floated around until he tripped and went head first into the water. After that he was ready to head back to camp. Later we sat at the picnic table and all of us shared my watercolor set and painted in our journals.
After we broke camp on Friday we headed for the meteor crater between Flagstaff and Winslow. None of us had been there before and the boys were really impressed. P so much so that he has told his mom and dad that he wants his birthday party to be there.
I am definitely taking them camping again... two days and one night with them left me worn out, and really appreciating what my daughter has to do every day... but when I wasn't exasperated or on automatic control, I really really enjoyed being with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment