Sunday, April 3, 2011

Art Studio at the Farm

I do not want this day to end.... an art day... a day of "Transformation through collage". Melany Terranova led the class and supplied all the materials... It was an amazing day for me... the chance to just immerse myself in the process... to play... to create. The first collage was a warm up exercise. Melany gave us a packet of color and texture and a few basics of the elements of design...
on the second and the third Melany told us to just see what we came up with... amazingly she provided the canvas boards, the stretched canvas, the papers, the boxes of magazines... the class was $35! And she provided all these materials....


anyway, I'd found this figure in black with her face in shadow... the line of her body, the simplicity really called to me... and I had a scrap of map, one of my favorite things... and Melany had some mono-print scrap paper (Melany!?! are you crazy... this is great stuff) and all of these bits became one piece... with the word "return" ... I find myself using that word as the mantra word when I meditate lately... so this one speaks to me... now that I've got it home I might hit it with some layers of wax (Melany had wax... but in the end using my own and giving myself some time to think things through was the best option)
and this is the last one... just begun... it needs some lines, in a warm sepia tone... maybe a cat or some other animal in contour line... and then layers of wax....


I forgot to bring my camera, so all you have are the after-pictures... but what you should have seen was the before's... the process pictures... the piles and boxes of texture and color, image and pattern, canvas and glue, brushes and paints, wax and pastels... next time I will be certain to bring the camera along...

No comments:

Post a Comment