Wednesday, March 30, 2011

3/30

I haven't posted in a while.... first, I'd changed gears from bags to books... then I went to Idaho skiing, which was wonderful, but I came back with a torn ACL (ouch!)... and since I have been felting felting felting... I nuno felted this little beauty yesterday evening... from hand dyed roving in warm chili pepper colors. This one is really sheer and I think suitable for spring weather.I had some green silk sheer that forms the internal body for this green and white scarf... Silk and pure merino wool make this one light as a feather and soft as well

Here these two are hanging from a door... I love the little bits of felted wool I tossed in for texture...
this is my personal favorite.... probably because it looks so good on me... pale blues and soft grays, sheer crepe inlays for added strength, color, and interest...
And another green... for this one I used four different colors of roving and intermingled them with sheer silk strips... really turned out beautifully.
Again, this is a longer view of the two above... all these scarves are a bit smaller than what I had made a year ago... this time around 10x60... I think I like them smaller... there is less bulk and they seem to drape better.
Now the books... G-son W. decorated the paper for the cover of this one... he ironed the brown paper for the pages as well...
even though I am the one who sewed the whole thing together and added the button... this book is really his. measures 5 and a half by 8
A bigger book - 7x9 - covered in a leather look and feel upholstery fabric - and ties with a leather thong.
lots of creamy colored pages
and a really nice paper to for the inside cover
another book.... whoops, didn't put in the front cover, which is painted... this is Katie's favorite in the bunch measures 6x8
and this one is my favorite... covered in a leather look upholstery fabric - embellished with a stitched on, stamped copper rectangle and
loaded with two tone papers.... this one is soft and flexible and leaves plenty of space to write... measures 5 1/2 by 8
and last... another faux leather and copper book.... with a leather thong to hold it closed
80 lb white paper make this a great drawing book. 7 1/2 x 6

No comments:

Post a Comment