Sunday, December 19, 2010

welcome to my house

My house is my workshop, my studio, my eat, sleep, and play place... and while I would love to have a art specific space, what I have is an art and craft house... so come on in and see what I am up to.
My favorite, Trader Joe's wreath is hung on the door... decorated this time with my cow bells and a felt star and ribbon. The lights are up outside, the tree is up inside, and the mixed bag Christmas music is playing.

Sour dough bread, fresh from the oven, fills the house with pleasant smells....

Three little pairs of felted slippers, done. Maybe not the prettiest things but will keep three boy's feet warm this winter.


A row of decorative knobs on a nice pine board dyed with a mix of yellow and deep green Rit, sanded and polyurethane'd, ready to be hung on the wall, to catch all the jackets and hats in one place.

Two half-price sale Goodwill rattan captain chairs....


scuffed up legs wrapped with twine, painted lipstick red....


it took a while to cover, to get the paint into the grooves...

this afternoon I'll apply the second coat... a deep southwest turquoise... rubbed in and rubbed off... it will tone down the red, but still leave the lively color showing here and there underneath....

Hoping these two will become handsome captain chairs at my dining room table... though I am a bit concerned with the size. What looked small at the Goodwill, looks kind of big in my home.
I'll take an "after" picture and show you the results...

I have one more batch of cookies to go... had thought I'd do two more batches, but after katie's cookie exchange yesterday, I am feeling pretty cookied out... so one more. coconut cut cookies from Martha Stewart, then I will put together cookie platters to give to neighbors and friends, and by December 26 my home will be cookie free once more...
All in all, this final week before Christmas should be pretty calm... and I am ready for calm and some time for reflection before I throw myself into the final frenzy.
blessings... on this third Sunday of advent

No comments:

Post a Comment