Friday, July 16, 2010

July 16

My mind is in a jumble... I've been up since about 3:30 am... hot, but also thinking about this book I started yesterday... can I sew it? On the machine? Will the sensitive Singer handle hand made paper... is this the cover I want anyway, can I use a Whole Foods paper bag as reinforcement (Whole Foods has nicely textured, ultra-sturdy brown bags)... once I paint on the paper cover, will it become stiffer... will I allow my book binding stitches to show on the spine... how do you add beads? ... the size of the needle for waxed linen and the bead hole being the problem.

Plus, I need to think about packing and what I'm taking with... art supplies for certain... and I'd like to have about 10 books in the ready to put together stage... too much to ask? yes, if I continue to start a new book the minute I finish one... so. Today Zumba early to get my mind off the book thing, then off to my knit group for three hours of sanity, later I'll tackle this new book... made with 140 lb. watercolor paper... this one is for me... would like to get it done by end of day, Saturday... then I will shout STOP! and take three deep breaths and focus only on what I need to do to get out the door by next Thursday.

note to self: you can use a beanbag in place of a tripod

No comments:

Post a Comment