Sunday, February 13, 2011

mural


I finished the mural yesterday afternoon... well, almost as I need to go back and give it the final clear seal coat and plant a sign in the yard that I am available for hire in this department... you can't really see them but the trees have little tiny leaves... they are supposed to be palo verde's... I love how the gate turned out, making the cross the focal point of the mural. The bird on top the fence was Judy's request... a roadrunner. I had thought of a sentry quail on the fence or a fat red chicken by a tree, but the roadrunner was the preferred bird, so even though I have only a general picture in my head of a roadrunner, I painted it and even Joe next door, when asked could identify it... so, there you go.
The entire house will be painted in march when they have money from their tax returns... Then I'll take a picture of the whole house so you can see how well this will blend into the look and architecture of the home...
For the next few days in between my to-do list of self-inflicted and completely enjoyable obligations and an afternoon working a real paying job, I must prepare this house for my friend Kathy's arrival... which translates to push the broom, pull out the vacuum, and mop, dust, scrub. Thank heaven for visitors... if I can keep them coming at regular intervals I will have a relatively clean house.

No comments:

Post a Comment