Wednesday, September 29, 2010

September 29

I am back in Phoenix.



I have been felting scarves like a crazy person, trying to have some new stuff for the Sunnyslope Art Walk. The scarves this year are much better than last. Sheer, sheer with a delicate cobweb appearance. And most are merino wool, so very soft against the skin. Still, it is hitting triple digits here daily and I wonder who will want a wool scarf two weeks from now, when, with some luck the temps will be high in the 90's... what is a felter doing in Phoenix, AZ?


I ask myself the same thing when I haul out my wax and play with encaustics... I love them, I love the luminous quality it adds to what I do... but it is Phoenix, and it is getting hotter.



This is a new computer. I am still trying to find my way around it. It won't do some of the picture things my other did with ease... I think I need to get Photoshop or some other program to work my photos. It has been frustrating but I think I am ready to face the frustration head on and work through it until I have tamed the beast.



Finally put away all my art paraphernalia from the trip. Huge sigh of relief. I had begun to feel this overwhelming stress and once I found a home for everything again the stress went away... I like a clean house, I'm afraid. My mom would be so happy to hear me say that. Now I have space again, both visual and spiritual, to journal, paint, and create.

1 comment: